Referring Veterinarian Information
Whenever needed our hospital is here to take care of you and your clients.
Whether it is a referral for post-op monitoring, surgery, or a critical case, we are here to provide specialized care and treatments to you and your clients. You can trust us to take care of your clients in a caring, compassionate and dedicated manner. We believe it is important to keep you involved in your patients care. Please feel free to call at any time to discuss your case with our doctors.
What services does Animal Emergency Hospital offer?
- Highly skilled doctors and technicians on staff 24-7
- In house diagnostic testing and blood work including: CBC, Chemistry, Electrolytes, UPC ratio, Urinaylsis, Fecal Analysis, PCV / TS, Canine 4Dx, CPL, Parvo, Feline Heartworm, Pancreatitis testing, FELV, FIV testing, etc.
- Other diagnostic testing: Blood pressure, EKG, Pulse Ox, Tonometry, etc.
- Digital X-rays
- Oxygen Cages
- Neonatal incubator cage
- Isolation Ward
- Cremation services
How do I refer a patient?
- Call us at 410-420-PAWS (7297). You will be connected to our doctors to discuss your case.
- Fax your patients record to 410-420-BARK (2275). Please include any recent bloodwork to eliminate the need for repetitive diagnostics. Also include any medications and treatments already performed.
- X-rays may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I find out how my patient is doing?
You may call at any time and talk to our doctor about your patient's progress. Records will be faxed daily to update you on your patient's progress.
I need a copy of my client's record and / or X-rays.
Records will be automatically faxed to you during your patient's stay and when they leave. If you have not received a copy of their records please call us. We may not have your fax number or your client may have not listed you as their primary veterinarian. Whatever the case we will resolve the issue quickly. If you need a copy of our x-rays please call us at 410-420-PAWS (7297). Our x-rays are digital so they can easily be copied for you on a CD or we can e-mail them to your hospital e-mail.